What You Need To Know About – Scuba DivingBy Mansi Aggarwal
Scuba diving is the activity adored by innumerable men and women across the globe. Scuba diving lands you deep in the world of water where you confront the flora and flora kingdom that lies much beneath the land on which we live.
For the beginners
The obsession for the sport of scuba diving has encouraged almost all the tourist destinations to play, practice and teach it. However, those who are naïve to scuba diving should make a judicious start by trying it in resorts. These scuba diving resorts have special instructors that guide you to develop the some basic skills of the sport. It is the best way to learn without casting your life to danger. Many good resorts offer a certification program on completion of which you are awarded by the certificate. This certificate is deemed to be legal in some countries before making your first dive. So it is better to get certified rather than feeding others with opportunity to impede your most cherished dream.
Scuba diving camps too are good training spots. The coaching is available there for all those who want it. They not only gat the newcomers acquainted with the game but also the learned divers can go there to enhance their diving skills.
For the skilled and professionals
For those who are perfect at the sport, the journey is never ending. It is because there is no scarcity of the scuba diving destinations.
· The foremost in this regard are the Caribbean and the Bahamas. Both the places have a volley of beaches that keep the divers busy throughout the year.
· Not to be overlooked are the crystal blue beaches of Florida and Hawaii that are vibrant especially during the winters.
· Besides these, the American area from Latin to South America is a perfect host for scuba diving. For the most part of the year the water is warm that makes the experience all the more majestic.
· Amongst the coveted destinations to dive are also ‘The Great Barrier Reef’ and ‘The Coral Sea’. The threat of damage of the all-embracing coral here makes it most often mandatory to be assisted by a guide.
· The islands of the Mediterranean Sea namely Manijin Island at Cyprus, Maze and the Greek island Crete are excellent scuba diving spots.
· The mesmerizing dives in the midst of staggering wreck of colossal vessels can be experienced in the islands of United Kingdom and Ireland. The islands like Oban on the west coast of Scotland, the Scapa Flow in the Orkney Islands, Scotland are prominent wreckage diving sites of United Kingdom. Ireland too has illustrious places like Fastnet Rock, Stag Rocks etc. in this regard. The wreck sites also include premier places like Yongola of the Southern Queensland.
· When it comes to Australia, the country is brimming up with the divers almost the entire year. The Austalia’s Great Barrier Reef and the islands off the Queensland coast the paradigms.
· The wonders of bionetwork beneath water can be explored and cherished at the famous sites like Tasmania, the Heron Island Bommie, The Castle of Southern Queensland; Lomaivitis, Fiji, Suzie Bommie and Papua New Guinea of Pacific Islands; The Tubbataha Reefs (Sulu Sea, Philippines), The Shark Point (Thailand) in Asia.
· Remember, like flowers have a blooming season, trees have time when they shed their leaves; similarly all these sites have their favorable and adverse timings during the year. It is better to collect complete information about your destination before heading there. The task can be accomplished online as well as through agents, guides etc.
The Diving and Safety
1. Scuba diving is not a kid’s play. You require requisite skills and knowledge about the sport. It is better to make your first dive with someone not just familiar but is perfect at the sport for safety is better than cure. Make sure that you move into water with the adequate gear.
2. Check the equipment before diving for once you dive, you will not get a chance to do that and it’s malfunctioning in the water can be hazardous.
3. But before the tools, get your health check up done by a doctor. If you have any ailment for instance cardiac problem, diving without medical done might call upon serious difficulties.
4. Make dives in the daytime initially till you become perfectly qualified for a night dive.
5. At the outset, assist yourself with a guide. Guides will nourish your abilities and educate you more about the sport. Guides are also necessary at places with extensive coral reef system for they (the corals) are too vulnerable.
6. Don’t mess with any animal inside especially fish like shark. It might invite grave jeopardy.
7. There should always be someone who is outside water who knows your whereabouts and is monitoring the weather and water activities.
About the Author: Mansi agarwal writes about scuba diving city topics. Learn more at http://www.scubadivinghotspots.com .